A Chief Strategy Officer (CSO) is a C-level executive who develops and executes strategies to accomplish financial growth in a company. The CSO assists and reports to the CEO, and to the CFO in some instances.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Chief Strategy Officer Job Description Template
We are looking to hire a driven Chief Strategy Officer (CSO) to identify and execute growth opportunities in our company. The CSO will drive merger and acquisition (M&A) activity, and divestments and divestiture. The CSO will evaluate market forecast and long-term trends, collect competitive intelligence, drive cross-functional business processes and maintain business model innovation. You will synchronize strategies with corporate center plans. You will interpret long-term plans into short-term projects.
To ensure success you will have a clear understanding of your role, be focused on planning, growth and business model innovation objectives, and display sound judgment on which markets to target. Top candidates will have excellent listening and people skills, and be pro-active.
Chief Strategy Officer Responsibilities:
- Developing inclusive strategic plan and strategy by collaborating with leadership team, board and executive.
- Collaborating with CFO to develop capital plan in line with strategy.
- Analyzing market dynamics, market share changes, product line performance and competitive intelligence.
- Identifying key capital projects, joint ventures, potential M&A targets and other strategic partnership opportunities.
- Identifying strategic risks.
- Collaborating with leadership, special committees and consultants to execute strategies.
- Communicating strategy effectively throughout company.
- Ensuring suitable metrics are in place to measure performance and progress.
- Monitoring execution of business initiatives.
- Executing divestments and divestiture.
Chief Strategy Officer Requirements:
- Advanced degree in marketing or business development.
- 3+ years strategic experience in a similar environment, management consulting or investment banking.
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent people skills.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Available to travel.