Car Salesman Job Description Template
We are looking for a results-driven salesperson to sell cars and value-adding services such as maintenance plans, warranties, etc., directly to customers. Responsibilities will include understanding the features and benefits of all motor vehicles that are available for purchase and being able to communicate this information effectively to customers and potential customers.
To be successful, you should be up-to-date with all the latest developments in the motor vehicle industry and have a passion for sales. You should be able to identify the needs of a customer, recognize their buying signals and close the deal without being aggressive.
Car Salesman Responsibilities:
- Converting showroom visitors into customers by understanding their needs and interests, and matching them to the most appropriate car.
- Understanding the characteristics, capabilities, and features of all cars, and providing the potential customer with detailed information, including comparing different competitive models.
- Taking customers on test drives and demonstrating vehicle features.
- Building a rapport with potential customers to improve the possibility of a sale in the future.
- Maintaining a customer database and communicating with them.
- Assisting customers with completing the relevant paperwork required for a successful sale to be processed.
- Maintaining reporting structures´and recording sales and inventory on our CRM software.
- Collaborating with team members to reach sales targets.
- Assisting with the set up of showroom and promotional displays.
Car Salesman Requirements:
- An associate's degree or a high school diploma.
- A proven track record in motor vehicle sales would be advantageous.
- A professional appearance, friendly manner, and positive attitude.
- The ability to be competitive while maintaining the client's best interests.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong customer service and negotiation skills.
- A passion for sales and customer satisfaction.