Featured Job Post
University of Calgary Career Services is a division of the University of Calgary, a tertiary institution located in Alberta, Canada. They provide career advice, advertising, and HR consultations to employers looking to hire UCalgary students and alumni.
Through the CareerLink platform UCalgary's Career Services posts jobs and employment opportunities for students and graduates.
- Access to the UCalgary students and alumni network.
- Employers can post campus as well as department-specific job advertisements.
- Hire Indigenous and international students from UCalgary.
- Employers can advertise in their monthly newsletter that has a readership of over 33,000 undergraduate and graduate students.
- Employers get access to on-campus advertising boards.
- Employers have access to consultation services with a UCalgary Career Services staff member.
- The university has an extensive social media presence on Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
- Employers can post a range of positions, such as internships, practicums, temp work, and volunteering.
- Interview scheduling and office space for interviews can be provided (suspended during COVID-19).
- The platform only targets University of Calgary members.
- Employer registration is difficult and time-consuming.
- All job posts are first verified by the Career Services team, meaning that job posts take at least two days to go live.
No online reviews or testimonials of the University of Calgary's Career Services could be found at this time.
How to Post a Job on UCalgary's Career Services:
Seven easy steps for posting a job on UCalgary Career Services.
Posting a Job on UCalgary Career Services.
Find "Student Services" on the UCal home page.
Navigate to the UCalgary website and find "Current Students." Then, click on "Student Services."
Look for "CareerLink" and select it.
Scroll down the page to find the heading "Living your best student life." Then, find and select "CareerLink" under the "Career Support" column.
Select the "Employers" tab at the top of the page.
Locate and click "Employers" in the top banner menu. Then, find and select "Post a Job with Us" from the dropdown menu.
Find and click "Post a job today."
Once you're redirected to the next page, select "Post a job today."
Look for "Register" on the page.
You'll then be redirected to UCalgary's CareerLink page. Hover over "Register" and select "Employer Registration."
Fill in the Employer Registration form.
Enter your company and personal details. Choose a password and enter your email address for billing and confirmation. Select "Continue" once you've filled in the form.
UCalgary requires a lot of information to register your business, set aside ten minutes to fill in this form.
Await email confirmation and approval.
Go to your email inbox and confirm your registration by clicking on the link provided. A UCalgary Career Services representative will contact you within 48 hours to assist you with posting a job.
University of Calgary Career Services vs. Calgary Employment First Network:
Calgary Employment First Network specifically focuses on diversity and inclusive job postings. UCalgary Career Services promotes work opportunities to graduates and students of the university, which may limit hiring success for certain jobs like trades, apprenticeships, or manual labor. Both platforms offer free posting options.
University of Calgary Career Services vs. Calgary Chamber of Voluntary Organizations:
Calgary Chamber of Voluntary Organizations hosts a job board for non-profit organizations in the Calgary area. They charge between C$75.00 and C$150.00 for job postings. The University of Calgary Career Services only charges C$75.00 for featured job posts, making them a good choice for employers looking to save on HR costs.
University of Calgary Career Services vs. Mount Royal University Job Board:
The Mount Royal University Job Board is similar to the University of Calgary's Career Services in that they both target their respective student and alumni bodies to fill job opportunities. In terms of student numbers, Mount Royal University is about half the size of the University of Calgary, which may affect candidate pools and responses to job posts.
What is the University of Calgary Career Services?
The University of Calgary's Career Services offers recruitment and hiring solutions to students, alumni, and graduates of the University of Calgary.
What does it cost to post a job using the University of Calgary Career Services?
The University of Calgary Career Services has a free job posting option, as well as a promoted job post for C$75.00.
How do I create an account with the University of Calgary's Career Services?
Go to UCalgary's CareerLink portal, select "Register," and enter your details to register an account.
How do I delete a job post on the University of Calgary Career Services?
- Send University of Calgary Career Services an email.
- Request that your job posting is removed.
- If you've decided to pay for a paid job posting, check out their terms on conditions on getting a refund.