Pricing for job posts on the University of Calgary's Elevate portal is not made readily available online.
University of Calgary Career Services is a division of the University of Calgary, a tertiary institution located in Alberta, Canada. They provide career advice, advertising, and HR consultations to employers looking to hire UCalgary students and alumni.
UCalgary's Career Services posts jobs and employment opportunities for students and graduates through the Elevate platform.
- Users get access to the UCalgary students and alumni network.
- Employers can post campus as well as department-specific job advertisements.
- Users can hire Indigenous and international students from UCalgary.
- Employers can advertise in their monthly newsletter which has a readership of over 33,000 undergraduate and graduate students.
- Employers get access to on-campus advertising boards.
- Employers have access to consultation services with a UCalgary Career Services staff member.
- The university has an extensive social media presence on Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
- Employers can post a range of positions, such as internships, practicums, temp work, and volunteering.
- Interview scheduling and office space for interviews can be provided (suspended during COVID-19).
- The platform only targets University of Calgary members.
- Employer registration is difficult and time-consuming.
- All job posts are first verified by the Career Services team, meaning that job posts take at least two days to go live.
No online reviews or testimonials of the University of Calgary's Career Services could be found at this time.
How to Post a Job on UCalgary's Career Services:
Six easy steps for posting a job on UCalgary Career Services.
Posting a job on UCalgary Career Services.
Navigate to UCalgary's Career Services page.
Find and select "Explore Elevate."
Click on "Students" in the menu bar to open the drop-down menu and select "Explore Elevate."
Click on "Log in to Elevate."
Select the red button that reads "Log in to Elevate."
Register an employer account.
Hover over "Register" in the menu bar and select "Employer Registration" from the drop-down menu.
Complete and submit your details.
Enter your company and personal details. Choose a password and enter your email address for billing and confirmation. Select "Continue" once you've filled in the form.
UCalgary requires a lot of information to register your business; set aside ten minutes to fill in this form.
Await email confirmation and approval.
Go to your email inbox and confirm your registration by clicking on the link provided. A UCalgary Career Services representative will contact you within 48 hours to assist you with posting a job.
University of Calgary Career Services vs. Calgary Chamber of Voluntary Organizations:
Calgary Chamber of Voluntary Organizations hosts a job board for nonprofit organizations in the Calgary area. They charge between C$75.00 and C$150.00 for job postings. The University of Calgary Career Services only charges C$75.00 for featured job posts, making them a good choice for employers looking to save on HR costs.
University of Calgary Career Services vs. Mount Royal University Job Board:
The Mount Royal University Job Board is similar to the University of Calgary's Career Services in that they both target their respective student and alumni bodies to fill job opportunities. In terms of student numbers, Mount Royal University is about half the size of the University of Calgary, which may affect candidate pools and responses to job posts.