Certified RGD members can post an unlimited number of jobs or projects on the site for free, while provisional RGD and affiliate members receive two free postings annually. Nonmembers pay C$250.00 per posting.
RGD connects employers with a large network of registered graphic designers and students in the creative sector of Canada. The platform allows employers to post jobs directly on the site or to request a formal proposal from designers if they wish to recruit a designer temporarily for specific projects.
Although RGD is a budget-friendly option for hiring graphic design talent, only members of the organization can post jobs for free. The platform also lacks candidate matching tools and applicant tracking.
- The website has an average of 1,000 unique visits per day.
- The site provides access to a network of thousands of job seekers per month.
- Job postings also appear in RGD's biweekly e-newsletter with more than 24,000 subscribers.
- Companies looking to hire a graphic designer for a project can submit their proposal to be added to the site.
- Members can post unlimited listings for free.
- Both employers and job seekers are expected to adhere to a code of ethics and quality standards.
- The site hosts a gallery where employers can view the designs of potential employees.
- Job posts are shared on RGD's LinkedIn page which has more than 14,000 followers.
- The site is available in English and French.
- Employers must become members of RGD to post a free job listing.
- The platform lacks candidate matching and applicant tracking tools.
We were unable to find any online reviews of RGD.
How to Post a Job on RGD:
Three easy steps for posting a job on RGD.
Posting a Job on RGD.
Click on "Find Designers."
Navigate to the home page and click on "Find Designers" in the menu bar.
Click on "Post a Job."
At the center-top of the page, click on "Post a Job."
Complete the job posting form.
Read the instructions and complete the online job posting form. Click on "Submit" to send it off for approval.
RGD members will receive a notification when the post goes live, and nonmembers will receive a payment notice before the post is activated.
How to Post a Project on RGD:
Employers or organizations interested in submitting a request for design proposals can do so by filling out the relevant online form. These are then posted in the members-only section of RGD's website and are announced in their weekly e-mail newsletter for designers to respond and send quotations or proposals to employers.
RGD vs. Graphic Designers of Canada (GDC):
Similar to RGD, GDC connects employers with job seekers in the graphic design industry of Canada. Both organizations charge C$250.00 for nonmembers to post a vacancy, while members can post jobs for free. While posts are active for 30 days on RGD, GDC's listings are visible for six months.
RGD vs. 99designs:
While RGD is aimed at improving the value of design work in Canada, 99designs is an Australian-based creative marketplace that also serves Canada. 99designs attracts more than 100,000 site visits per month, compared to RGD's 30,000 monthly visits. While 99designs is primarily aimed at freelancers, RGD lists a wide variety of job types.
RGD vs. Designhill:
Both Designhill and RGD offer employers the opportunity to post specific design projects. Designers can then respond and send quotations and proposals to potential employers. While Designhill has a global reach, RGD is a Canadian-based platform, which might be the better option for local hiring.
What is RGD?
The Association of Registered Graphic Designers (RGD) is a graphic design organization and marketplace for employers and job seekers in the design industry in Canada.
What does it cost to post a job on RGD?
RGD members can post vacancies on the RGD site for free, while provisional RGD and affiliate members receive two free job postings annually. Nonmembers pay C$250.00 per job posting.
How do I create an account on RGD?
You do not need an account to post a job on RGD.
How do I delete a job post on RGD?
To delete a job post from the RGD job board, employers should contact the company via email.