Bussers, also known as restaurant bussers, clean, clear, and lay tables in restaurants and diners. They provide support to restaurant staff by managing restaurant supplies such as napkins, straws, crockery, and cutlery, and ensure that the restaurant and supplies are clean and organized. They may also assist with serving food and refilling beverages.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Busser Job Description Template
We are searching for a diligent busser to assist and support our serving staff at our restaurant. As a busser, you will be responsible for cleaning, clearing, and setting tables, ensuring that the restaurant supplies and equipment are clean and maintained, and assisting customers with requests or complaints.
To ensure success as a busser, you should be highly organized and have a keen eye for detail. A skilled busser should be good with their hands, highly efficient, and be able to provide a great level of customer service.
- Welcoming customers, showing them to their tables, and providing them with menus.
- Assisting customers with queries, requests, and redirecting as necessary.
- Ensuring that tables are cleared, cleaned, and reset between seatings.
- Serving food and refilling beverages as required.
- Assisting with the cleaning and processing of dirty dishes and silverware.
- Ensuring that the menus, crockery, and cutlery are cleaned and replenished between tables.
- Managing the inventory of napkins, straws, salt, pepper, and other table condiments and supplies.
- Reporting any damages, shortages, and complaints to the manager.
- Moving tables, chairs, and furniture to accommodate customers as needed.
- Tidying the restaurant after service and ensuring that it is prepped for the following service.
- High school diploma or GED.
- A food handler's card/license preferred.
- A passion for customer service and working in the restaurant industry.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- A keen eye for detail.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- The ability to keep up in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong verbal communication abilities.
- Physically fit and able to move furniture and stand for long periods of time.
- Willingness to work long hours and on weekends and public holidays.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources