Band Managers assist bands in making sound business and creative decisions. They help bands to secure record deals, ensure that band members attend band practice sessions, and negotiate contracts on behalf of bands.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Band Manager Job Description Template
We are looking to hire a trustworthy and dedicated Band Manager to handle the business affairs of various bands and ensure that band members make sound creative decisions. The Band Manager's responsibilities include resolving conflicts among band members, negotiating contracts on behalf of bands, and attending bands' performances. You should also be able to act as a liaison between bands and key players in the music industry to secure the best contracts and deals.
To be successful as a Band Manager, you should be passionate about music and adept at negotiating contracts. Ultimately, an outstanding Band Manager should be able to handle difficult situations and demonstrate exceptional communication, organizational, and decision-making skills.
Band Manager Responsibilities:
- Networking on behalf of bands to develop solid relationships with key individuals in the music industry.
- Developing and executing effective strategies to promote bands' music and brand image.
- Assisting bands in securing record deals with major labels.
- Advising bands on sound career decisions.
- Ensuring that band members attend band practice sessions regularly.
- Ensuring that band members are aware of their responsibilities and are on time for interviews, recording sessions, meet and greets, and live performances.
- Collaborating with booking or touring agents to develop suitable touring schedules.
- Securing the services of reputable lawyers, publicists, image stylists, and accountants depending on bands' needs.
Band Manager Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Bachelor's or Associate's degree in Music Management is advantageous.
- Proven experience working as a Band Manager.
- Sound knowledge of the music industry.
- The ability to handle stressful or difficult situations.
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Strong negotiation, networking, and conflict resolution skills.
- Exceptional communication, time management, and organizational skills.
- Trustworthy, creative, and persuasive.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources