Band Managers are responsible for handling the business affairs of either one or many bands to enable band members to focus on their music. They ensure that band members are on time for various events, advise bands on sound career decisions, and negotiate contracts with record labels.
When interviewing Band Managers, the most suitable candidate will demonstrate enthusiasm, sound knowledge of the music industry, and the ability to handle difficult situations. Be wary of candidates who lack effective communication, negotiation, and decision-making skills.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Band Managers:
1. How would you go about securing a record deal for a new band?
Demonstrates the candidate's industry knowledge, negotiation skills, and experience.
2. How would you deal with irrational and impulsive band members?
Demonstrates the candidate's communication and problem-solving skills.
3. What would you do if a single band member was unhappy about a decision you were about to make on behalf of a band?
Demonstrates the candidate's communication skills, ability to handle difficult situations, and experience.
4. How do you keep track of a band’s interviews, performances, recording sessions, and tour dates?
Demonstrates the candidate's organizational skills.
5. How would you establish and maintain a trusting relationship with a new band?
Demonstrates the candidate's interpersonal and management skills.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources