Assistant Store Managers support the store manager in the daily business operations of the store including training and supervising employees, interacting with customers, managing inventory levels and handling any other task assigned by the store manager.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Assistant Store Manager Job Description Template
We are looking for a confident and reliable Assistant Store Manager to support our store manager with the daily business operations. The Assistant Store Manager's responsibilities include training staff, managing inventory, ensuring a safe, clean and aesthetically pleasing store environment, and assisting customers. You should also be able to promptly address and resolve customer complaints and any staff issues.
To be successful as an Assistant Store Manager you should have strong leadership and decision-making skills. An outstanding candidate will also demonstrate excellent interpersonal, organizational and problem-solving skills.
Assistant Store Manager Responsibilities:
- Assisting the store manager in all areas of daily business operations, human resources, customer service and merchandising.
- Coordinating, monitoring and reporting on daily operations.
- Recruiting, training and supervising employees.
- Managing employee schedules, conducting performance reviews and enforcing disciplinary actions.
- Monitoring and maintaining suitable store inventory levels.
- Assisting with the development of new sales and recruitment strategies.
- Ensuring the store environment complies with health and safety regulations.
- Maintaining a clean, organized and aesthetically pleasing store front.
- Resolving customer complaints and concerns in a timely manner.
- Ensuring that store policies and procedures are followed.
Assistant Store Manager Requirements:
- High school diploma/GED.
- Previous retail management experience.
- Experience in training and managing a team.
- Strong leadership and people management skills.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Able to work a flexible schedule.
- Good math skills.
- Attention to detail.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources