An Assistant Coach supports the head or main coach, ensures that equipment and facilities are maintained, and performs administrative duties. Assistant Coaches also schedule and supervise practice sessions, maintain training equipment and organize team events.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Assistant Coach Job Description Template
We are looking for a passionate and competent Assistant Coach to support the head coach in all areas of team management and assist with administrative tasks. The Assistant Coach's responsibilities include overseeing all team activities, supervising games and training sessions, assisting with recruitment, maintaining records and making travel arrangements.
To be successful as an Assistant Coach you should build a positive team environment and ensure students, facilities and training equipment are adequately prepared. Ultimately, a top Assistant Coach should be highly organized, an exceptional mentor and dutifully support the head coach.
Assistant Coach Responsibilities:
- Organizing sports events and scheduling practice sessions.
- Preparing and maintaining training equipment and facilities.
- Assisting with the recruitment of students for the program.
- Monitoring and evaluating team performance.
- Maintaining records of students, training sessions, games, performance statistics, and equipment.
- Assisting with budget preparations and the development of training plans.
- Facilitating and supervising training sessions and individual workouts.
- Organizing travel arrangements including transport, accommodation, and meals.
- Fulfilling other duties as assigned by the head coach.
- Building a positive team environment.
Assistant Coach Requirements:
- Degree educated.
- Previous coaching experience preferred.
- Familiar with NCAA rules and regulations.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Valid driver's license.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources