Interview Questions for Sports Psychologist:
1. What process do you follow in assessing a rehabilitating athlete?
This question tests the candidate’s ability to effectively identify the athlete’s weaknesses.
2. How have your listening skills enhanced an athlete’s self-efficacy?
This question illustrates the candidate’s ability to effectively listen.
3. Could you give me an example of when you overcame a difficult challenge in preparing an athlete for competition?
This question will indicate the candidate's problem-solving skills.
4. What methods do you follow to ensure communication channels convey accurate information in a multidisciplinary team?
This question indicates the candidate’s ability to communicate effectively.
5. How would you counsel an athlete with a recurring mental health condition?
This indicates the candidate’s ability to effectively research in order to provide appropriate counseling and support.