Area Sales Managers are employed by companies to generate revenue from an assigned geographical location by implementing and executing strategies to achieve sales targets. They manage and lead Field Sales Representatives, conduct sales territory analyses, and close sales.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Area Sales Manager Job Description Template
We are looking to employ a driven and experienced Area Sales Manager to increase sales within an assigned geographical area and guide a team of Field Sales Representatives. The Area Sales Manager's responsibilities include delivering presentations to potential and existing customers, evaluating the performance of the sales team, and preparing concise sales reports. You should also be able to develop as well as modify customer frequency plans as needed.
To be successful as an Area Sales Manager, you should be committed to driving sales and adept at managing a sales team. Ultimately, an outstanding Area Sales Manager should demonstrate exceptional analytical, problem-solving and customer service skills at all times.
Area Sales Manager Responsibilities:
- Managing, training, and providing overall guidance to the sales team of an assigned territory.
- Setting reasonable sales targets to be achieved by the sales team.
- Monitoring the performance of the sales team and motivating members to meet or exceed sales targets.
- Collecting customer feedback and providing updates to senior management.
- Traveling to potential and existing customers within an assigned sales area to present company offerings and build brand awareness.
- Utilizing outbound telephone calls, email communications, and face-to-face meetings with customers to close sales.
- Developing and sustaining long-term relationships with customers.
- Implementing a sales management process to assist the sales team in identifying and prioritizing key customers and prospects.
Area Sales Manager Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, Business Management, or related field is preferred.
- Proven sales experience; sector-specific sales experience is preferred.
- Proven track record of meeting sales quotas.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent management, leadership, and organizational skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Outstanding negotiation and consultative sales skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources