Area Sales Managers are responsible for driving sales within an assigned geographical area. They monitor the performance of an assigned sales team, set sales goals, as well as build and sustain long-lasting relationships with potential and existing customers.
When interviewing Area Sales Managers, the most suitable candidate will demonstrate strong management skills, a proven record of meeting or exceeding sales quotas, and a passion for engaging with customers. Be wary of candidates who have low energy as well as poor communication, analytical, and customer service skills.
Interview Questions for Area Sales Managers:
1. What is the importance of a customer frequency plan?
Demonstrates the candidate's industry knowledge, analytical skills, and experience.
2. What would you do if a long-standing Field Sales Representative hadn’t met the sales quota for the past month?
Demonstrates the candidate's communication, management, and problem-solving skills.
3. How would you evaluate the performance of the sales team?
Demonstrates the candidate's analytical skills and experience.
4. What should you include in a training plan for new Field Sales Representatives?
Demonstrates the candidate's industry knowledge, attention to detail, as well as organizational and analytical skills.
5. What would you do if a prospect was completely uninterested in our products and services?
Demonstrates the candidate's logic as well as communication and decision-making skills.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources