Architectural Drafter Job Description:
We are looking for a highly skilled architectural drafter to join our team. You will be working closely with lead architects to prepare detailed, accurate drawings from rough sketches and estimations, and you will be providing information required by contractors and various approval bodies. Other responsibilities include checking the accuracy of drawings done by teammates, ensuring builder compliance, and preparing colored drawings for client presentations.
To be successful in this role, you should demonstrate exceptional skills using computer-aided drawing tools. The ideal candidate will also have an excellent eye for detail, superb communication and collaboration skills, and exceptional ability to draw by hand.
Architectural Drafter Responsibilities:
- Gather all the information needed to complete accurate drawings.
- Produce detailed drawings using CAD software.
- Update designs and check accuracy.
- Visit sites for research purposes and for ensuring construction workers follow the plans.
- Coordinate the work of drafting teams and technicians.
- Consult technical handbooks and tables.
- Prepare colored drawings and scale models to present to clients.
- Compile technical reports.
Architectural Drafter Requirements:
- At least an associate's degree of applied science in architectural drafting.
- A bachelor's of science degree in architecture will be beneficial.
- Proficiency in using CAD software such as AutoCAD, Revit.
- Exceptional drafting skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.