Architectural Designers typically work under the supervision of licensed Architects and are responsible for gathering and collecting detailed information for design requirements. Architectural Designers create plans, drawings, designs, and layouts for structures and urban landscapes.
When interviewing Architectural Designers, look for candidates who have experience with computer-aided design (CAD) software and who demonstrate great technical skills. Be wary of candidates who lack strong communication and customer service skills.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Architectural Designers:
1. What was the most challenging part of the last project you worked on?
Demonstrates candidates' work experience and their ability to overcome challenges.
2. What steps would you take when budgeting for an architectural design?
Illustrates candidates' industry knowledge and their planning and budgeting skills.
3. Share an example of an innovative design you created. What tools did you use?
Showcases candidates' creativity as well as their technical skills.
4. In your opinion, what is key to ensuring your designs are industry compliant?
Illustrates candidates' knowledge of industry codes and standards, as well as their critical thinking skills.
5. What would you do if a client asked you to redesign their project from scratch?
Demonstrates candidates' customer service and problem-solving skills.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources