Architectural Drafters prepare accurate and detailed architectural drawings from a range of data, rough sketches, and specifications, and then make these drawings along with other information available to contractors and zoning bodies. They also represent architects on-site to ensure construction workers are following blueprints, and check the accuracy of drawings.
When interviewing Architectural Drafters, look for candidates who demonstrate a thorough knowledge of design and construction principles and a good grasp of mathematical calculations. Be wary of candidates who struggle to both communicate confidently and draw by hand.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Architectural Drafters:
1. When starting a new drawing, how do you begin gathering the info needed?
Reveals the candidate's experience and knowledge of the drafting process.
2. What was most challenging about the last project you worked on?
Demonstrates the candidate's experience and insight.
3. Which steps do you follow to explain changes to contractors?
Shows the candidate's experience and communication skills.
4. What is important to remember when discussing inaccuracies in another's draft?
Reveals the candidate's collaboration and communication skills.
5. How do you ensure accuracy in your drawings?
Demonstrates the candidate's experience.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources