Application Manager Job Description Template
We are looking for a dedicated application manager to join our IT department and take over the supervision of our network and software applications. The responsibilities of the application manager include identifying the best applications for the business's needs, installing the software, and upgrading and repairing the software as needed.
To be successful as an application manager, you should have a strong working knowledge of computer networking and administration, as well as expertise with computer troubleshooting. Ultimately, a top-notch application manager should have excellent technical skills, attention to detail, and the ability to adhere to deadlines.
Application Manager Responsibilities:
- Analyzing business operations and the business's computer systems and determining which software applications could improve efficiency.
- Making recommendations on whether to upgrade the existing systems or install new ones.
- Leading teams of IT specialists in the implementation and upgrading of network hardware and software.
- Monitoring the roll-out of new software applications to ensure there are no problems.
- Troubleshooting and resolving any problems with business application software.
- Creating and overseeing protocols and procedures for the use of any new software applications.
- Training employees on the use of any new software applications and maintaining a good work atmosphere.
- Managing local area networks, installing and maintaining routers, generating email addresses, and creating passwords and backups.
- Creating, executing, and maintaining company databases.
- Maintaining up-to-knowledge of the latest software developments.
Application Manager Requirements:
- A bachelor's or graduate's degree in programming, computer engineering, computer science, or a related field.
- Experience working as a junior IT specialist.
- Broad working knowledge of computer networking, installation, and administration.
- Experience with database management and project management.
- Excellent technical skills.
- Expertise in troubleshooting viruses and other computer problems.
- The ability to remain up-to-date with the latest software developments.
- Strong leadership, management, and customer service skills.
- Great analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills.
- The ability to handle stressful situations.