Also known as a Software Developer or Software Architect, an Application Developer is responsible for developing and modifying source code for software applications. These applications are aimed at aiding customers with computer tasks or programs.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Application Developer Job Description Template
We are looking for a dedicated Application Developer to work with customers to develop new software applications and update and modify existing applications. The Application Developer processes user needs to customize software for computer programs, designs prototype applications, implements and tests source code, and troubleshoots software applications.
To be successful as an Application Developer, you should have a sound knowledge of software engineering as well as excellent analytical skills. A good Application Developer studies the consumer market and client needs to develop cutting-edge applications.
Application Developer Responsibilities:
- Developing software solutions to meet customer needs.
- Creating and implementing the source code of new applications.
- Testing source code and debugging code.
- Evaluating existing applications and performing updates and modifications.
- Developing technical handbooks to represent the design and code of new applications.
Application Developer Requirements:
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- A working knowledge of programming languages such as Java and ORACLE.
- Experience in application and software development.
- Knowledge of software design and programming principles.
- Good mathematical and problem-solving skills.
- Good communication and team-working skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources