Applications engineers develop customized software programs for clients. They collaborate with software development teams on software projects, design complex software programs and applications, and incorporate client feedback into software product development.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Applications Engineer Job Description Template
We are looking for an innovative applications engineer to join our software engineering team. You will be consulting with our clients to relay their software needs and preferences to the development team, developing software applications, and demonstrating software products and prototypes.
To ensure success as an applications engineer, you should demonstrate advanced software development skills and extensive experience in determining clients' software needs. A top-notch applications engineer will be someone whose software design expertise translates into user-friendly and highly efficient applications.
Applications Engineer Responsibilities:
- Collaborating on software development projects with the engineering, sales, and customer services departments.
- Liaising with clients and incorporating user-defined needs and feedback into application designs.
- Writing code and scripts for applications, as well as installing, maintaining, and testing applications.
- Providing clients with technical support.
- Optimizing applications by integrating new technologies and performing upgrades.
- Contributing to sales presentations, as well as demonstrating prototypes and completed applications.
- Performing diagnostic tests and debugging procedures, as well as improving code and re-designing tasks.
- Generating ideas for software innovation based on market trends.
- Documenting development processes, procedures, and application version histories.
- Keeping up with advancements in application engineering and new technologies.
Applications Engineer Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, information systems, or similar.
- A minimum of two years' experience as an applications engineer.
- Previous experience in sales or customer services will be advantageous.
- Advanced proficiency in programming languages, such as Java, SQL, .NET, and C.
- Extensive experience in deploying, optimizing, and maintaining software.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional customer services and interpersonal skills.
- Superb collaboration and communication skills.
- Great organizational and time management skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources