An Apartment Manager is responsible for the daily operations of an apartment complex, from filling vacancies and responding to tenant complaints to handling clerical and administrative tasks. An Apartment Manager is also known as a Property Manager.
Apartment Manager Job Description Template
We are looking for a hard-working Apartment Manager to ensure all buildings and facilities are clean, safe, and well-maintained. The Apartment Manager's responsibilities include filling vacancies, responding to tenant complaints, collecting rent, managing apartment upkeep, and filing taxes.
To be a successful Apartment Manager, you should be organized and have excellent budgeting and interpersonal skills. You should understand landlord-tenant laws, have good communication skills, as well as strong team management skills.
Apartment Manager Responsibilities:
- Advertising and showing vacant properties to prospective tenants.
- Processing applications and negotiating leases and rental rates.
- Establishing and enforcing property rules.
- Ensuring buildings and facilities are in compliance with local, state, and federal regulations.
- Establishing maintenance and staff schedules.
- Hiring, training, and monitoring staff.
- Collecting or adjusting rent and security deposits, and keeping track of tenant accounts.
- Investigating complaints and resolving conflicts.
- Planning and overseeing renovations, maintenance, repairs, and services.
- Handling clerical and administrative tasks and filing taxes.
Apartment Manager Requirements:
- A Bachelor's degree in Business Administration.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good budgeting and math skills.
- A working knowledge of tenant and employment laws.
- Excellent management, negotiation, and planning skills.
- Computer literacy.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources