Youth Pastor Job Description Template
We are looking to hire an exemplary youth pastor to lead and guide our church's middle and high school students. The youth pastor will strive to make all students understand the journey of our souls, encourage students who are interested in the knowledge of God, and support them to develop their love for Him and others. You will attend student functions at schools and home school events, grow relationships with the education community, and provide students and their families with biblical counselling.
To be successful in this position, you need to provide students with a place to belong that gives them the courage to be different and resilient to unhealthy peer pressure. Ideal candidates should have a proficient understanding of the challenges young people face and are compassionate.
Youth Pastor Responsibilities:
- Attending and participating in staff meetings.
- Overseeing, growing, and coordinating the church's youth ministry.
- Designing, overseeing, and examining curriculum for all programs, events, and classes.
- Leading middle and high school students to encourage their spiritual growth.
- Interacting with students during Sunday services.
- Developing positive relationships with students and their parents.
- Sharing program plans through social media.
- Displaying a Christ-like approach and lifestyle, and praying regularly for young people in the church and community.
- Incorporating youth into various church ministries for His use.
- Growing students who are interested in the knowledge of God and His Word.
Youth Pastor Requirements:
- Evident relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Bachelor's degree in theology, biblical studies, or youth ministry.
- Previous youth ministry experience is an advantage.
- Proficient understanding of challenges and needs of young people.
- Excellent computer skills, and proficiency with social media.
- Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Affinity for young people.
- Ability to lead by example.
- Available to work extended hours, evenings, over weekends and public holidays, and on short notice.