Sunday School Teacher Job Description Template
We are searching for a friendly and reliable Sunday school teacher to join our organization. If you’re a motivated and creative professional with a talent for teaching, then we’re interested in you. In this position, you will be responsible for a range of duties including developing lesson plans, assigning homework, responding to issues, and addressing students’ needs.
As the Sunday school teacher, you will demonstrate in-depth bible knowledge and outstanding teaching abilities. Our ideal candidate is an active church member, with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Sunday School Teacher Responsibilities:
- Creating lesson plans in line with the curriculum.
- Preparing and overseeing weekly Bible lessons.
- Helping with all the fundraising events related to the Sunday school department.
- Developing educational plays and skits.
- Attending weekly meetings with all assigned teachers and management staff.
- Responding to all Sunday-school-related issues and offering guidance.
- Ensuring that the designated area of the Sunday school is clean and presentable.
- Assigning and explaining homework.
- Assisting children in completing assigned projects.
- Overseeing the attendance record.
Sunday School Teacher Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent qualifications.
- A minimum of 2 years experience in a similar role.
- Proven experience as an educator is advantageous.
- Active Church and community member.
- Good understanding of planning and developing lesson plans.
- Must be available to teach classes twice a week including Sundays.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.