The purpose of a Sunday School Teacher is to organize and oversee Sunday school and bible study lessons. They are usually hired by churches and are responsible for a range of tasks including developing lesson plans, assisting with fundraising events, and leading children in educational activities.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Sunday School Teacher Job Description Template:
We are searching for a friendly and reliable Sunday School Teacher to join our organization. If you’re a motivated and creative professional with a talent for teaching, then we’re interested in you. In this position, you will be responsible for a range of duties including developing lesson plans, assigning homework, responding to issues, and addressing students’ needs.
As the Sunday School Teacher, you will demonstrate in-depth Bible knowledge and outstanding teaching abilities. Our ideal candidate is an active church member, with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Sunday School Teacher Responsibilities:
- Create lesson plans in line with the curriculum.
- Prepare and oversee weekly Bible lessons.
- Help with all the fundraising events related to the Sunday school department.
- Develop educational plays and skits.
- Attend weekly meetings with all assigned teachers and management staff.
- Respond to all Sunday-school related issues and offer guidance.
- Ensure that the designated area of the Sunday school is clean and presentable.
- Assign and explain homework.
- Assist children in completing assigned projects.
- Oversee the attendance record.
Sunday School Teacher Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent qualifications.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Proven experience as an Educator is advantageous.
- Active Church and community member.
- Good understanding of planning and developing lesson plans.
- Must be available to teach classes twice a week including Sundays.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.