A youth counselor, or guidance counselor, is responsible for guiding children to achieve their goals and navigate difficult social situations.
When interviewing youth counselors, the ideal candidate should be empathetic and have excellent intuition. Be wary of candidates with little experience in helping children in adverse situations.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Youth Counselors
1. What are some of the warning signs that a child may be the victim of domestic abuse?
Shows the candidate's ability to identify if a child is in danger.
2. What are some of the most prevalent challenges in this community?
Demonstrates an awareness of the community's problems.
3. What advice would you give to a child whose parent has been incarcerated?
Shows an ability to be sensitive while offering useful guidance.
4. How do you dissuade youths from experimenting with illegal substances?
Tests the candidate's ability to offer useful advice without instilling fear.
5. How would you assist a teenager who has fallen pregnant?
Demonstrates the candidate's ability to guide a child through a situation that many at-risk teenagers face.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources