Student Counselors provide development and educational support and guidance to students dealing with academic, emotional, social, and behavioral challenges. They help students with emotional and social problems and assist them to plan and build a career.
When interviewing Student Counselors, look for candidates who display social perceptiveness as well as experience with career, personal, and educational assessment. Be wary of candidates who lack patience, strong communication skills, and compassion for students and their challenges.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Student Counselors:
1. In your opinion, what is the main role of a Student Counselor?
Demonstrates candidates' understanding of the role and their expectations.
2. Describe a creative counseling technique that you have used. Was it successful?
Indicates candidates' ability to think outside of the box and successfully apply innovative techniques.
3. What methods do you use when developing a professional plan?
Showcases candidates' work experience and knowledge of counseling practices as they apply to developmental needs.
4. How would you handle a conflict between ethical standards and school policies?
Illustrates candidates' critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
5. What would your ideal school counseling program look like?
Demonstrates candidates' strategic thinking and practical knowledge application.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources