Interview Questions for Student Counselors:
1. In your opinion, what is the main role of a student counselor?
Demonstrates candidates' understanding of the role and their expectations.
2. Describe a creative counseling technique that you have used. Was it successful?
Indicates candidates' ability to think outside of the box and successfully apply innovative techniques.
3. What methods do you use when developing a professional plan?
Showcases candidates' work experience and knowledge of counseling practices as they apply to developmental needs.
4. How would you handle a conflict between ethical standards and school policies?
Illustrates candidates' critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
5. What would your ideal school counseling program look like?
Demonstrates candidates' strategic thinking and practical knowledge application.