Guidance Counselor Job Description Template
We are looking to hire a guidance counselor with outstanding assessment and listening skills. Guidance counselors are expected to display empathy and sound decision-making with great organizational and motivational skills.
To ensure success, guidance counselors should be accessible and authentic with excellent communication skills and a profound interest in helping students to attain their academic and career goals. Top candidates will display natural leadership qualities with remarkable problem-solving and conflict resolution skills.
Guidance Counselor Responsibilities:
- Conducting individual and group counseling sessions to advise and assist students with academic and vocational development.
- Evaluating students’ attributes and assisting them in realizing their objectives.
- Developing and implementing counseling strategies with contemporary methods of mentoring.
- Identifying behavioral problems and acting appropriately to remedy the situation.
- Paying attention to societal and cultural differences in all student matters.
- Assessing the development of students and highlighting their sense of accomplishment.
- Completing evaluations, analyzing results, and providing purposeful feedback.
- Cooperating with parents, academic staff, and external partners.
- Arranging and scheduling orientation programs and internships.
- Advertising facilities and study programs to potential students.
- Implementing and facilitating educational and training workshops for academic staff.
Guidance Counselor Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in counseling or related (essential).
- 2 years of work experience as a counselor in an academic environment.
- Analytical thinker with strong problem-solving and conflict-resolution skills.
- Motivational leader who displays sound judgment and attention to detail.
- Detail-oriented with excellent time management skills.
- Confident interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Perceptive intuition and decision-making skills.
- Remarkable professionalism and solid work ethic.
- Intermediate IT skills.