Guidance Counselors assist academic institutions by advising students on future academic goals and maintaining their social and emotional health. They promote student achievement through assessments and private counseling that encourage all students’ academic, career and personal development.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Guidance Counselor Interview Questions
1. How have your listening skills led to a positive outcome for a student?
This tests the candidate’s ability to effectively listen.
2. How have you successfully managed a difficult behavioral problem?
This illustrates the candidate’s problem-solving ability.
3. What methods do you use to evaluate and analyze students’ assessments?
This tests the candidate’s organizational ability.
4. Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond the call of duty.
What was the outcome?
This illustrates the candidate’s ability to be flexible and accommodating to student’s circumstances.
5. How do you handle an interaction with a difficult student?
This illustrates the candidate’s ability to resolve conflict.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources