Guidance Counselor Interview Questions:
1. How have your listening skills led to a positive outcome for a student?
This tests the candidate’s ability to effectively listen.
2. How have you successfully managed a difficult behavioral problem?
This illustrates the candidate’s problem-solving ability.
3. What methods do you use to evaluate and analyze students’ assessments?
This tests the candidate’s organizational ability.
4. Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond the call of duty.
What was the outcome? This illustrates the candidate’s ability to be flexible and accommodating to students’ circumstances.
5. How do you handle an interaction with a difficult student?
This illustrates the candidate’s ability to resolve conflict.