Yard Jockey Job Description Template
We are looking for a yard jockey to assist in moving and spotting equipment required to facilitate the needs of warehouses in organizing and processing material for shipment or storage. The responsibilities of Yard Jockeys include trailer sanitation, moving equipment, and conducting daily inspections.
To be successful as a yard jockey, you should have good eyesight, be physically fit, and communicate effectively. Ultimately, a top-notch Yard Jockey should be able to perform under pressure, have good driving skills, and be responsible.
Yard Jockey Responsibilities:
- Completing trailer sanitation before reloading.
- Moving equipment around the yard.
- Notifying management of repairs that need to be made.
- Storing equipment in safe areas.
- Conducting regular inspections of incoming and outgoing equipment.
- Conducting an inventory of equipment.
Yard Jockey Requirements:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- 1 year of tractor-trailer experience is preferred.
- Physically fit.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Good eyesight.