Yard Workers are responsible for monitoring and maintaining the grounds surrounding businesses, public buildings, and private homes. They are hired in a permanent position and provide general landscaping services such as applying fertilizers or pesticides, mowing the grass, planting trees, trimming bushes, and running the irrigation system.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Yard Worker Job Description Template
We are looking for a hardworking Yard Worker to monitor and maintain our company’s grounds. In this role, you will be required to perform general landscaping duties, operate ground maintenance equipment, apply fertilizers, run the irrigation system, and maintain the natural aesthetics of the grounds.
To ensure success as a Yard Worker, you should have in-depth knowledge of pruning techniques, experience with mechanical equipment, and a good eye for detail. A top-class Yard Worker uses their horticulture knowledge and landscaping skills to ensure grounds are always neat, healthy, and aesthetically pleasing.
Yard Worker Responsibilities:
- Meeting with company managers to discuss landscaping themes.
- Assessing the health of the soil, grass, trees, and general grounds.
- Inspecting and maintaining the irrigation system.
- Applying fertilizers to the soil and pesticides to the flowering plants.
- Identifying and extracting weeds.
- Mowing the grass with push and ride-on mowers.
- Trimming bushes, small trees, and shrubs.
- Planting seasonal flowers and shrubs.
- Operating the irrigation equipment.
- Raking leaves and sweeping walkways.
Yard Worker Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Previous experience as a Yard Worker.
- Knowledge of Horticulture and Agronomy.
- Experience operating mechanical landscaping equipment.
- Knowledge of irrigation systems.
- Knowledge of fertilizers and pesticides.
- Ability to work in harsh weather conditions.
- Physically fit and able to lift heavy objects.
- Good creativity and visualization skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources