Yard Workers are landscapers who maintain the grounds surrounding public buildings, office blocks, and private residences. They ensure the grounds are neat, well maintained, and healthy. Their job involves mowing the grass, trimming bushes, applying fertilizer, and running the irrigation system.
When interviewing Yard Workers, the ideal candidate will have advanced knowledge of soil and plant biology, a good eye for detail, and experience with mechanical landscaping equipment. Be wary of candidates with limited mechanical experience and those who are not able two work in harsh weather conditions.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Yard Workers:
1. What skills do you think Yard Workers need to be successful?
Highlights the candidate’s landscaping and design skills.
2. How would you diagnose and treat a shrub that seems to be infested with bugs?
Reveals knowledge of biology and pesticide application techniques.
3. What mechanical landscaping equipment are you most familiar with?
Highlights areas of expertise.
4. What would you say is the most difficult part of being a Yard Worker?
Reveals honesty and highlights gaps in knowledge.
5. Can you describe a time when you carried out basic repairs on irrigation equipment?
Highlights the candidate’s mechanical skills and reveals previous work experience.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources