Also known as Window Cleaners, Window Cleaning Technicians are responsible for cleaning the windows and glass surfaces of residential and commercial buildings. They typically use glass-cleaning solutions, squeegee blades, cloths and water to remove grime, and operate lift equipment to access hard-to-reach windows.
Window Cleaning Technician Job Description Template
We are looking to employ a dedicated and hard-working Window Cleaning Technician to clean the windows and glass surfaces of various buildings. The Window Cleaning Technician’s responsibilities include using water-fed poles to clean windows that are less than twenty meters high, transporting all equipment and supplies to job sites, and attending mandatory safety meetings. You should also ensure that the company vehicle is clean and well-maintained.
To be successful as a Window Cleaning Technician, you should be knowledgeable of health and safety regulations and have a good sense of balance. Ultimately, an outstanding Window Cleaning Technician should be able to safely operate lift equipment as well as demonstrate excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
Window Cleaning Technician Responsibilities:
- Removing dirt and grime from windows and glass surfaces using a non-abrasive glass cleaning solution, water, and rubber squeegee blades.
- Determining whether window glass is clear, reflective, or tinted, and adapting window cleaning techniques accordingly.
- Using a scrim or microfiber cloth to dry around the edges of the glass.
- Using toweling cloths to remove excess water and moisture from window sills.
- Ensuring that all window cleaning and lift equipment are in good working order.
- Operating aerial lift platforms and other lift equipment to reach the windows of high-rise buildings.
- Ensuring that the company vehicle is adequately stocked with window cleaning supplies at all times.
- Appropriately cleaning up after each job to ensure that there is no residue or dirt left behind.
Window Cleaning Technician Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Valid driver's license.
- Proven window cleaning experience.
- Sound knowledge of industry-related health and safety regulations.
- The ability to safely operate aerial lifts, scaffolding, and related equipment.
- The ability to work at different heights.
- The ability to work in all weather conditions.
- Excellent problem-solving and time management skills.
- Effective communication skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources