Also known as Warehouse Workers or Warehouse Operatives, Warehouse Operators handle all duties pertaining to the processing, organizing, and packing of goods that are sent to warehouses for storage. They take inventory of all warehouse goods and operate all material handling equipment to load and unload goods.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Warehouse Operator Job Description Template
We are looking to employ an efficient and hard-working Warehouse Operator to process all incoming and outgoing merchandise according to established warehouse guidelines. The Warehouse Operator’s responsibilities include reporting any broken, damaged, or malfunctioning warehouse equipment to management, taking inventory of all warehouse merchandise, and ensuring that fragile merchandise is suitably packed to prevent damage during transit. You should also be able to perform basic cleaning duties to keep the warehouse tidy.
To be successful as a Warehouse Operator, you should be detail-oriented, adept at operating forklifts, and able to stand for extended periods. Ultimately, an outstanding Warehouse Operator should adhere to all warehouse safety practices as well as demonstrate exceptional organizational, time management, and communication skills.
Warehouse Operator Responsibilities:
- Signing for shipments upon receipt and verifying that the correct merchandise has been received.
- Thoroughly inspecting merchandise for any damages and discrepancies.
- Maintaining an accurate record of all merchandise received and distributed.
- Contacting suppliers or distributors to resolve any shipment or delivery issues.
- Using forklifts, hand carts, or pallet jacks to load, unload, move, stack, and arrange merchandise accordingly.
- Strategically storing merchandise to maximize storage space within the warehouse.
- Weighing merchandise and selecting appropriate envelopes, boxes, containers, or crates in which to pack merchandise.
- Promptly processing distribution orders or requests, which includes retrieving specified merchandise from storage as well as packing, sealing, and labeling merchandise accordingly.
Warehouse Operator Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- A valid forklift license.
- Proven experience working in a warehouse environment.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications as well as warehouse management software.
- The ability to safely operate warehouse machinery and equipment.
- The ability to lift and move heavy objects.
- The ability to stand for extended periods.
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Effective communication skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources