Vocational Rehabilitation Counselors are healthcare specialists who evaluate and assist clients facing vocational challenges. They determine clients' psychological and physical strengths and limitations, identify suitable employment opportunities, and collaborate with a variety of stakeholders on the integration of their clients into the workplace.
When interviewing Rehabilitation Counselors, look for suitably qualified candidates with extensive vocational rehabilitation counseling experience. Avoid candidates who lack resourcefulness in developing Individual Plans for Employment (IPEs) and those with limited knowledge of electronic health record management systems.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Vocational Rehabilitation Counselors:
1. Can you explain some recent trends in the field of vocational rehabilitation?
Demonstrates the candidate's ability to keep up with recent developments in their field of specialization.
2. How would you go about developing an IPE for a military veteran with PTSD?
Evaluates the candidate's experience in developing Individual Plans for Employment (IPEs), as well as their ability to collaborate on treatment with other stakeholders.
3. Tell me about success you achieved with a challenging case. What did you learn?
Highlights the candidate's clinical knowledge and practical experience.
4. How would you counsel the employer of a client suffering from severe anxiety?
Assesses the candidate's knowledge of the challenges faced by their clients and their ability to mitigate on behalf of their clients.
5. Which electronic health record management system would you recommend, and why?
Reveals the candidate's knowledge and experience with electronic medical record management software.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources