Vocal Coach Job Description Template
We are searching for a driven self-starter to be our new vocal coach. As the vocal coach, you will meet with clients and prepare singing lessons according to their requirements. Duties include teaching techniques, style, and providing advice on voice protection. You should have knowledge of several genres and be able to develop engaging lessons.
To be successful as a vocal coach, you should be comfortable working with singers of different skill levels. Outstanding vocal coaches demonstrate superb analytical skills, patience, and the ability to motivate struggling students.
Vocal Coach Responsibilities:
- Meeting with clients to perform vocal assessments and determine their needs and career goals.
- Structuring individual lessons and showing up on time for sessions with clients.
- Guiding clients through lessons using a range of vocal techniques and exercises.
- Teaching a variety of warm-up exercises.
- Preparing clients for concerts and competitions.
- Teaching students how to sing acapella or with a music accompaniment.
- Advising students on how best to preserve their voices.
- Attending events and workshops to keep vocal training skills sharp.
- Establishing professional, long-lasting relationships with clients.
- Keeping abreast of trends in the music industry.
Vocal Coach Requirements:
- A Degree in music or similar may be required.
- Singing, songwriting, or stage performance experience is recommended.
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent interpersonal and teaching skills.
- The ability to motivate students when required.
- Good time management and attention to detail.
- A personable manner and a high degree of professionalism.
- Driven and disciplined.