Visual Effects Artist Job Description Template
We are looking for a creative, detail-oriented individual to join our team as a visual effects artist. The responsibilities of the visual effects artist include creating computerized animations and special effects, fixing up details for film media, and following instructions to complete a project.
To be a successful visual effects artist, you should be highly creative with a strong working knowledge of standard industry software tools. Ultimately, a top-notch visual effects artist follows instructions given by supervisors and clients and is able to translate those instructions into amazing visual effects.
Visual Effects Artist Responsibilities:
- Creating visual effects and animations using computerized technology and software applications.
- Realizing and creating CGI characters.
- Producing visuals for video games and mobile applications.
- Creating simulations and mockups to be viewed and approved by those involved in media production, including directors, engineers, and editors.
- Troubleshooting any issues with animations.
- Creating storyboards to understand the images needed for the storyline and where the images should be used.
- Adhering to tight deadlines and other constraints in order to meet production times.
- Following client and supervisor instructions.
- Brainstorming with artists and designers to discuss digital animation concepts, gaming ideas, and progress on current projects.
Visual Effects Artist Requirements:
- Bachelor's or associate's degree in computer animation, multimedia studies, graphic design, or a related field.
- Strong working knowledge of software tools, including Houdini, Unity, Dreamweaver, Adobe CS5, and Autodesk Maya.
- Excellent computer skills and attention to detail.
- Good drawing skills and creativity.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Strong communication and active listening skills.