Animators use computers and other techniques to create moving images that tell stories or provide information. They work with clients and production team members to establish project goals, create storyboards, and design and refine animations.
Animator Job Description Template
We are looking for a disciplined and artistic with a firm grasp on animation techniques, fundamentals, and software. The Animator will read through scripts and speak with clients to understand project needs, create storyboards and animations, and assist in the editing process. You should be collaborative, knowledgeable, and reliable.
To be a successful Animator, you should be adaptable, creative, and receptive to direction. You should have strong communication, interpersonal, and computer skills.
- Collaborating with the client and production team members to understand needs, review scripts, design storyboards, and create and edit animations.
- Using software and other techniques to produce animations.
- Listening to feedback and altering animations to better suit client needs.
- Ensuring that the final product aligns with the needs of the client and is delivered on time without exceeded the budget.
- Presenting the final animated piece to clients for their approval.
- Using creativity and artistic techniques to tell a story or provide information in visual form.
- Researching industry trends and developments and learning new applications.
- Bachelor’s degree or certificate in computer animation, fine arts, graphic design, or related field.
- More education, experience, or proficiency with specific animation software platforms may be preferred.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, presentation, and computer skills.
- Understanding of animation, storytelling, and character development techniques.
- Attention to detail, adaptability, and receptiveness to feedback and direction.
- Ability to work independently or with a team to develop animations and solve problems.