Video Game Developers, also known as Game Developers, are responsible for designing and developing video games for PC, console, and mobile applications. Their job is to code the base engine from the ideas of the design team. They may also be involved in character design, level design, animation, and unit testing.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Video Game Developer Job Description Template
We are looking for a talented Video Game Developer to help build the next generation of games for our company. In this role you will be responsible for coding the initial base engine of the game, fixing bugs, and troubleshooting design issues. You may also be required to help develop storylines, characters, levels, puzzles, and contribute to the overall game concept.
To ensure success as a Video Game Developer, you should have strong design skills, in-depth knowledge of coding software, and the ability to work as part of a team. A top-class Video Game Developer expertly translates the ideas of the design team into a virtual environment that can be scaled and manipulated accordingly.
Video Game Developer Responsibilities:
- Meeting with the design team to discuss game concepts.
- Contributing to the overall game concept and storyline.
- Generating game scripts and storyboards.
- Translating design ideas into functional game code.
- Coding the base engine of the game.
- Contributing to audio and animation design.
- Animating characters and creating levels.
- Developing game milestones and check points.
- Troubleshooting code and fixing bugs.
- Creating game specifications and designing expansion packs.
Video Game Developer Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering or Computer Science.
- Experience with full-cycle game design.
- Proficient with programming languages, including C++, Java, and C.
- Experience building libraries and APIs.
- Knowledge of the latest gaming trends.
- Strong artistic and technical skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to solve complex software and coding issues.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources