Game Developers create and design video game software for computers and gaming consoles. They are involved in almost every aspect of a video game production, from the initial concept phase through to the final testing. A Game Developer’s main duty is to translate ideas and game requirements into code.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Game Developer Job Description Template
We are looking to hire a creative and enthusiastic Game Developer to design exciting new video games for our company. You will be responsible for creating the overall game storyline, building character biographies, constructing the base engine, designing specific role-play mechanics, contributing to audio and graphic design, creating the game specs, and fixing bugs prior to the final game release.
To ensure success as a Game Developer, you should have strong artistic skills, sound working knowledge of coding software and be able to work as part of a team. Ultimately a top-notch Game Developer is someone who can turn basic ideas into beautifully crafted games that meet desired company specifications.
Game Developer Responsibilities:
- Creating initial storylines and character biographies.
- Translating ideas into efficient code.
- Constructing the game base engine.
- Generating storyboards and game scripts.
- Contributing to the audio and graphic design.
- Animating game characters and environment.
- Developing milestones and schedules.
- Creating game quality unit tests.
- Maintaining code and fixing game bugs.
- Creating game specifications and operating instructions.
Game Developer Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering.
- Proven work experience completing a full video game life-cycle.
- Proficiency in C++ and other programming languages such as Java or C.
- Excellent knowledge of APIs and build libraries.
- Knowledge of the latest gaming trends and technologies.
- Able to work as part of a team.
- Strong artistic and graphic design skills.
- Ability to solve complicated problems using best practices.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources