Video Game Developers are specialized software engineers that design and build video games for consoles, computers, and mobile devices. They are responsible for coding the game base engine, troubleshooting game features, fixing bugs, and assisting the design team.
When interviewing Video Game Developers, the ideal candidate will have strong design skills, a gift for coding, and the ability to work as part of a large team. Be wary of candidates with poor communication skills and those who are unable to work to a strict deadline.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Video Game Developers:
1. What skills do you think Video Game Developers need to be successful?
Reveals the candidate’s skills and understanding of the role.
2. What techniques do you use to translate ideas into virtual spaces?
Demonstrates the candidate’s creative and design skills.
3. What programming languages are you most familiar with?
Highlights areas of expertise and reveals gaps in knowledge.
4. What systems should you put in place to find code bugs and game glitches?
Reveals knowledge of system testing and troubleshooting.
5. What video games have you designed in your previous work?
Highlights the candidate’s skills and previous work experience.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources