Vice Principals are employed in schools to assist the Principal. They form part of the school administration team and oversee daily activities. Vice Principals engage with other staff members, students, as well as parents. They often review budgets, plans, supervise staff, and ensure the school environment is safe.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Vice Principal Job Description Template
We are searching for a reliable and trustworthy Vice Principal to join our excellent school. The Vice Principal will be tasked with reviewing budgets and school policies, organizing school events and community initiatives, updating student records, handling disciplinary issues, and recruiting new staff. You should make valid contributions to the improvement of the school and be a stellar example for both staff and students.
To be successful as a Vice Principal, you should be a great public speaker with strong written and verbal communication skills. Outstanding candidates are detail-oriented, able to follow instructions and also take initiative.
Vice Principal Responsibilities:
- Liaising with various departments and forwarding any issues or suggestions to the Principal.
- Helping with the development and review of budgets, school policies, and rules and regulations.
- Attending and participating in meetings with staff, parents, and other officials.
- Assisting with recruitment, training, and onboarding of all new staff.
- Planning and organizing school events and field trips as well as assisting with various committees.
- Establishing rapport and maintaining relationships with parents, staff, and students.
- Sitting in on disciplinary hearings and providing advice for at-risk students.
- Updating student and school records.
- Addressing concerns raised by students, staff, and parents.
- Remaining active and visible on field trips and during school functions.
Vice Principal Requirements:
- A Master’s degree in Education or an equivalent.
- A relevant license and registration may be required.
- Extensive teaching and administration experience.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent research and report writing abilities.
- Strong written and verbal communication as well as presentation skills.
- The ability to follow instructions but also come up with original ideas.
- Proficiency in MS Office and other software systems.
- Knowledge of budgeting and management.
- A high degree of professionalism.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources