Vascular sonographers, also called vascular technologists, use high-frequency sound waves to generate images of patients' blood vessels. They ensure that patients are prepped for examinations, perform ultrasound scans, and analyze the sonograms for diagnostic purposes.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Vascular Sonographer Job Description Template
We are looking for a skilled vascular sonographer to perform ultrasound examinations for our practice. As a vascular sonographer, your duties will include preparing patients for scans, operating the ultrasound equipment, and working with physicians to review the vascular images.
To be a successful vascular sonographer, you should be able to interpret sonograms accurately and provide an excellent level of patient care. A skilled vascular sonographer will demonstrate acute attention to detail and the ability to explain technical diagnoses in understandable terms for patients.
Vascular Sonographer Responsibilities:
- Preparing and updating patients' medical records.
- Ensuring that the lab, examination rooms, tools, and equipment are properly sterilized and maintained.
- Preparing patients for ultrasound examinations.
- Operating and maintaining ultrasound and plethysmography equipment.
- Performing sonographic examinations on patients to develop vascular images.
- Generating analytical reports and documentation from sonogram results.
- Assisting physicians with reviewing and interpreting ultrasound images.
- Communicating and explaining sonography examinations and results to patients.
- Performing administrative tasks such as managing patient schedules and filing diagnostic reports.
- Staying up to date with the latest advancements in sonography technology and techniques.
Vascular Sonographer Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in vascular technology, sonography, radiology, or similar.
- Relevant ARDMS credential such as registered vascular technologist (RVT).
- Advanced cardiac life support (ACLS) certification is preferred.
- A minimum of two years' experience as a vascular sonographer.
- Excellent knowledge of sonography technology such as plethysmographs and ultrasound equipment.
- Familiarity with patient medical software such as NueHD, DrChrono, and CareCloud Charts.
- Excellent diagnostic and interpretive abilities.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- The ability to provide an excellent level of patient care.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources