Vascular Sonographer Job Description Template
We are looking for a skilled vascular sonographer to perform ultrasound examinations for our practice. As a vascular sonographer, your duties will include preparing patients for scans, operating the ultrasound equipment, and working with physicians to review the vascular images.
To be a successful vascular sonographer, you should be able to interpret sonograms accurately and provide an excellent level of patient care. A skilled vascular sonographer will demonstrate acute attention to detail and the ability to explain technical diagnoses in understandable terms for patients.
Vascular Sonographer Responsibilities:
- Preparing and updating patients' medical records.
- Ensuring that the lab, examination rooms, tools, and equipment are properly sterilized and maintained.
- Preparing patients for ultrasound examinations.
- Operating and maintaining ultrasound and plethysmography equipment.
- Performing sonographic examinations on patients to develop vascular images.
- Generating analytical reports and documentation from sonogram results.
- Assisting physicians with reviewing and interpreting ultrasound images.
- Communicating and explaining sonography examinations and results to patients.
- Performing administrative tasks such as managing patient schedules and filing diagnostic reports.
- Staying up to date with the latest advancements in sonography technology and techniques.
Vascular Sonographer Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in vascular technology, sonography, radiology, or similar.
- Relevant ARDMS credential such as registered vascular technologist (RVT).
- Advanced cardiac life support (ACLS) certification is preferred.
- A minimum of two years' experience as a vascular sonographer.
- Excellent knowledge of sonography technology such as plethysmographs and ultrasound equipment.
- Familiarity with patient medical software such as NueHD, DrChrono, and CareCloud Charts.
- Excellent diagnostic and interpretive abilities.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- The ability to provide an excellent level of patient care.