Vascular technologists assist doctors to determine patient’s vascular health. They prepare patients for diagnostic procedures, conduct noninvasive ultrasound examinations, and review ultrasound images. They may work in hospitals, outpatient centers, or doctors' offices.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Vascular Technologist Job Description Template
We are seeking a highly capable vascular technologist to help our physicians diagnose vascular conditions. In this role, you will be obtaining patient information, conducting ultrasound examinations, and providing ultrasound images of a high-quality.
To ensure success, vascular technologists should possess solid knowledge of ultrasound technologies and have demonstrable experience in a similar role. A top-notch candidate will be someone whose ultrasound examination skills translate into accurate diagnoses of vascular diseases and disorders.
Vascular Technologist Responsibilities:
- Obtaining patients' personal information and medical history.
- Preparing treatment areas for ultrasound examinations and positioning patients on ultrasound tables.
- Explaining ultrasound procedures to patients.
- Applying non-invasive ultrasound techniques to diagnose blood vein, artery, or vessel diseases or disorders.
- Making adjustments to equipment to produce high-quality ultrasound images for doctors to interpret.
- Comparing patients’ most recent scans to previous results and assessing diagnostic information.
- Preparing and providing summarized ultrasound findings to doctors in a timeous manner.
- Handling hazardous substances and biological waste as prescribed, as well as sterilizing equipment.
- Documenting processes and maintaining patient records.
- Keeping informed of advancements in vascular technology.
Vascular Technologist Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Vascular Technology.
- State-licensed Registered Vascular Technologist (RVT).
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification will be advantageous.
- A minimum of two years' experience as a Vascular Technologist.
- Advanced knowledge of ultrasound equipment, procedures, and techniques.
- Proficiency in electronic medical record software, such as Cliniko and eClinicalWorks.
- Advanced ability to summarize findings and maintain patient records.
- Ability to keep abreast of best practices and advancements in vascular technology.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, as well as a caring nature.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources