Vascular Technologist Job Description Template
We are seeking a highly capable vascular technologist to help our physicians diagnose vascular conditions. In this role, you will be obtaining patient information, conducting ultrasound examinations, and providing ultrasound images of a high-quality.
To ensure success, vascular technologists should possess solid knowledge of ultrasound technologies and have demonstrable experience in a similar role. A top-notch candidate will be someone whose ultrasound examination skills translate into accurate diagnoses of vascular diseases and disorders.
Vascular Technologist Responsibilities:
- Obtaining patients' personal information and medical history.
- Preparing treatment areas for ultrasound examinations and positioning patients on ultrasound tables.
- Explaining ultrasound procedures to patients.
- Applying noninvasive ultrasound techniques to diagnose blood vein, artery, or vessel diseases or disorders.
- Making adjustments to equipment to produce high-quality ultrasound images for doctors to interpret.
- Comparing patients’ most recent scans to previous results and assessing diagnostic information.
- Preparing and providing summarized ultrasound findings to doctors in a timeous manner.
- Handling hazardous substances and biological waste as prescribed, as well as sterilizing equipment.
- Documenting processes and maintaining patient records.
- Keeping informed of advancements in vascular technology.
Vascular Technologist Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in vascular technology.
- State-licensed Registered Vascular Technologist (RVT).
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification will be advantageous.
- A minimum of 2 years experience as a vascular technologist.
- Advanced knowledge of ultrasound equipment, procedures, and techniques.
- Proficiency in electronic medical record software, such as Cliniko and eClinicalWorks.
- Advanced ability to summarize findings and maintain patient records.
- Ability to keep abreast of best practices and advancements in vascular technology.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, as well as a caring nature.