MRI Technologist Job Description Template
We are searching for a skilled and dependable MRI technologist to join our medical team. The MRI technologist will be responsible for operating MRI equipment and creating scans as per the physicians' directions, screening patients and explaining procedures to them, and inspecting and troubleshooting equipment. You should be able to collaborate with other healthcare professionals and also train junior MRI technologists.
To be successful as an MRI technologist, you should have sound knowledge of human anatomy and MRI safety procedures. Outstanding MRI technologists will be highly analytical and able to explain complex information clearly.
MRI Technologist Responsibilities:
- Analyzing patient histories and completing screenings for pacemakers and injuries where metal objects were involved.
- Preparing and administering contrast dyes.
- Addressing patients’ concerns and ensuring that they are comfortable and calm during scans.
- Performing regular inspections of the MRI equipment and machines, and scheduling maintenance and repairs as needed.
- Positioning the patients and completing MRI scans according to the physicians' specifications.
- Ensuring that the MRI rooms are kept clean, tidy, and safe at all times.
- Training junior MRI Technologists and providing support to new staff.
- Writing reports and escalating any problems to the relevant stakeholders.
- Carrying out quality assurance procedures and implementing improvements as required.
MRI Technologist Requirements:
- An associate’s degree or equivalent.
- A bachelor’s degree may be advantageous.
- A valid license and certification may be required.
- Strong analytical, mathematical, and observational skills.
- Self-starter with good time management skills.
- The ability to follow instructions in stressful environments.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Superb bedside manner and the ability to work with a number of different people.