Also known as CT Technicians, CT Technologists take diagnostic images of patients' internal structures using computerized tomography equipment. They ensure that patients are correctly positioned and closely monitored during CT scans.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
CT Technologist Job Description Template
We are looking to employ a skilled CT Technologist to operate our CT scanning equipment and capture diagnostic images that are of good technical quality. The CT Technologist’s responsibilities include taking inventory of radiologic supplies, ensuring that the radiologic equipment is in good working order, and adhering to established guidelines on hygiene and infection control. You should also be able to monitor patients throughout the scanning procedure to identify and respond to any allergic reactions to the contrast agents.
To be successful as a CT Technologist, you should keep abreast of the latest industry developments. Ultimately, an exceptional CT Technologist should be able to effectively communicate with patients as well as demonstrate compassion and patience at all times.
CT Technologist Responsibilities:
- Using computerized tomography equipment to capture diagnostic images of patients’ internal organs and tissues.
- Appropriately positioning patients to scan specific areas of their bodies.
- Performing regular warm-up sequences on the CT scanner to prolong the life of the X-ray tubes.
- Sterilizing radiologic equipment to ensure the safety of patients.
- Correctly interpreting doctors' written scanning instructions.
- Administering radiocontrast agents to patients to enhance the visibility of internal organs and tissues.
- Evaluating CT scans to determine whether they are of good technical quality.
- Explaining scanning procedures to patients and providing reassurance and support as required.
CT Technologist Requirements:
- Bachelor's or Associate's degree in Radiologic Technology.
- State license to work as a CT Technologist.
- Certified by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT).
- Proven experience working as a CT Technologist.
- CPR and BLS certification.
- Sound knowledge of anatomy, physiology, pathology, and medical terminology.
- The ability to stand for extended periods.
- Strong technical skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Effective communication skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources