Interview Questions for UX Designers:
1. Tell about a time when you improved the efficiency or quality of a program. How did you do it?
Shows an ability to analyze and improve codes.
2. What is the most essential programming language for your job?
Candidates should list a variety of languages they find important to the job, not just one. Look for candidates who list the benefits and limitations of each language as it applies to their work.
3. Have you ever worked with a group of programmers to complete a project? How did you handle it? What would you change?
Demonstrates an ability to collaborate.
4. How do you stay abreast of developments in the technology industry?
Candidates should list learning and practicing new languages, reading programming blogs, and attending conferences as their means of staying informed.
5. Describe how you would ensure that your web design is user-friendly. What steps would you take?
Candidates should talk about working alongside user interface designers to conceptualize a web page that fosters a user-centric experience and tests the website with users to ensure optimal design.