Interview Questions for UI Developers
1. Describe how you would ensure that your web design is user-friendly. What steps would you take?
Candidates should talk about working alongside User Experience Designers to conceptualize a web page that fosters a user-centric experience and testing the website with users to ensure optimal design. Candidates should also ensure that the web page is optimized for smartphone viewing.
2. What is your favorite website with regards to web design? Why?
This question allows candidates to demonstrate an awareness of design trends in the industry. Look for candidates who use design principles in their appraisal of competing websites.
3. Describe how you handle disagreements with coworkers and clients. How do you handle feedback?
Tests interpersonal skills.
4. How do you structure your code to make it easy for use by your colleagues?
Candidates should talk about their use of code organization and commenting. They should describe how they use notes in their programming process to describe the steps they have taken, ensuring ease of understanding among collaborators.
5. How do you keep up to date with changes in web design languages?
Candidates should cite reading web design blogs and partaking in educational workshops for continued learning as their means of staying informed.