Web designers use their creative and software engineering/programing skills to design, build and improve websites. They understand user experience and are able to build websites that are easy to understand, navigate and use, and adhere to design standards and specifications. They are sometimes known as a front-end developer.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Web Designer Job Description Template
We are looking for a Web Designer who will be responsible for creating great websites for our clients. Primary duties include conceptualizing and implementing creative ideas for client websites, as well as creating visual elements that are in line with our clients' branding. You will be working closely with our web development team to ensure a proper and hassle-free implementation.
To be successful in this role, you will need to have excellent visual design skills and be proficient in graphic design software such as Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator.
Web Designer Responsibilities:
- Conceptualizing creative ideas with clients.
- Testing and improving the design of the website.
- Establishing design guidelines, standards, and best practices.
- Maintaining the appearance of websites by enforcing content standards.
- Designing visual imagery for websites and ensuring that they are in line with branding for clients.
- Working with different content management systems.
- Communicating design ideas using user flows, process flows, site maps and wireframes.
- Incorporating functionalities and features into websites.
- Designing sample pages including colors and fonts.
- Preparing design plans and presenting the website structure.
Web Designer Requirements:
- A relevant diploma in related field.
- Proficiency in graphic design software including Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, and other visual design tools.
- Good understanding of content management systems.
- Good understanding of search engine optimization principles.
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues.
- Excellent visual design skills.
- Up-to-date experience with international web protocols, standards, and technologies.
- Creative and open to new ideas.
- Adaptable and willing to learn new techniques.
- Excellent communication skills.
Web Developer FAQ:
What is a web developer?
The major web developer duties include designing and building websites. Add your essential web developer job responsibilities to our web developer job description sample to create a custom listing for your business.
Can I customize your web developer description?
When you advertise a web developer job, you should provide applicants with information about the role at your organization. Feel free to edit or add to any section of our web development description to get a job listing that works for you.
What information should I include when I post a web developer job listing?
When you create a web developer position description, you should focus on letting applicants know more about what your company is looking for in its next hire. Provide details about the roles and responsibilities of web developers at your organization. Help candidates understand the qualities and qualifications they will need to succeed. Combine your details with our web developer job description example and begin attracting top talent today.
Do you have interview questions for web developers?
We have interview questions to go with all of our job descriptions.
After you have created a web developer job posting, take a moment to review our web developer interview questions.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources