Utility Workers are responsible for cleaning and maintaining company premises and equipment. Their job is to maintain the upkeep of company facilities, repair broken equipment, inspect finished projects, and comply with state health and safety regulations.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Utility Worker Job Description Template
We are looking for a hardworking Utility Worker to perform general cleaning and maintenance duties at our premises. As a Utility Worker, you will be responsible for cleaning assigned areas inside and outside of the property, repairing maintenance tools, performing basic landscaping duties, and inspecting utility projects. You will also be required to maintain stock levels and comply with state health and safety regulations.
To ensure success as a Utility Worker, you should have extensive knowledge of cleaning and landscaping equipment, manual dexterity, and good physical strength. A top-class Utility Worker should be a jack-of-all-trades who is able to clean and landscape, fix lights, repair equipment, and maintain a safe working area.
Utility Worker Responsibilities:
- Taking verbal and written instructions from company Managers and Maintenance Officers.
- Cleaning assigned work areas inside and outside of the property.
- Performing basic landscaping duties including tree trimming, weeding, and watering of plants.
- Ordering and maintain cleaning supplies and maintenance equipment.
- Conducting basic repairs on landscaping and maintenance equipment.
- Replacing light fittings and broken globes.
- Ensuring the safe handling and storage of volatile cleaning liquids and gasoline.
- Ensuring that utility projects have been completed and signed off.
Utility Worker Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Previous experience as a Utility Worker.
- Ability to read and interpret written work orders.
- Knowledge of mechanical landscaping equipment.
- Ability to stand, crouch, and kneel for extended periods.
- Experience working with dangerous cleaning chemicals.
- Knowledge of cleaning equipment and techniques.
- Basic mechanical and electrical knowledge.
- Ability to lift and manipulate heavy equipment.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources