Tutor Job Description Template
We are looking for a patient tutor who excelled in the subject or subjects they are wanting to help the student with. A tutor's responsibilities include preparing lessons that are grade and subject-appropriate, asking students about upcoming assessments, and providing parents with progress updates.
To be a successful tutor you must be punctual, friendly, and approachable. A good tutor will make students feel comfortable enough to share what they are struggling with and find new ways to help students with their unique challenges.
- Remaining up to date with the school curriculum and subject-specific content.
- Being punctual to all appointments.
- Traveling to students' homes to provide lessons.
- Ensuring that if any changes need to be made to meeting times, it is done in a reasonable time frame.
- Maintaining communication with parents to update them on the student's progress.
- Researching learning resources to use during lessons.
- A high school qualification or equivalent.
- Experience working as a tutor would be advantageous.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A driver's license with access to a vehicle.
- Be punctual and professional.