Tutors help students to revise work covered in class and expand on concepts that need further explanations.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Tutor Job Description Template
We are looking for a patient tutor who excelled in the subject or subjects they are wanting to help the student with. A Tutor's responsibilities include preparing lessons that are grade and subject appropriate, asking students about upcoming assessments, and providing parents with progress updates.
To be a successful Tutor you must be punctual, friendly and approachable. A good Tutor will make students feel comfortable enough to share what they are struggling with and find new ways to help students with their unique challenges.
- Remain up to date with the school curriculum and subject-specific content.
- Be punctual to all appointments.
- Travel to students' homes to provide lessons.
- Ensure that if any changes need to be made to meeting times, that it is done in a reasonable time frame.
- Maintain communication with parents to update them on the student's progress.
- Research learning resources to use during lessons.
- A high school qualification or equivalent.
- Experience working as a tutor would be advantageous.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A driver's license with access to a vehicle.
- Be punctual and professional.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources