A Tutor helps students with academic work in a one-on-one or group setting.
When interviewing Tutors you should look for candidates who are eager to teach, who think innovatively and have a basic understanding of teaching methods. Be wary of candidates with low energy and no knowledge of teaching methods or resources to use in lessons.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Tutors
1. If a student informs you that they have a problem understanding their work, what do you do?
Reveals the candidate’s knowledge of teaching methods.
2. A student failed his/her class assignments and examinations. You have to inform his/her parents. How would you communicate this message?
Shows the candidate’s communication skills.
3. What is your work schedule?
Shows the candidate’s availability to work flexible hours.
4. How would you deal with a parent who is in denial and refuses to address learning problems in their child?
The answer to this question will show the applicant's problem-solving and people skills.
5. How would you maintain order in a group lesson?
Shows if the candidate can maintain discipline when working with multiple students.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources