Sometimes called Tree Pruners, Tree Groundsmen carry out maintenance on trees situated in recreational areas like parks and resorts, educational institutions, and other outdoor spaces. They typically receive on-the-job training and use a variety of tools and skills to complete their duties.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Tree Groundsman Job Description Template
We are searching for a skilled Tree Groundsman to join our landscaping company. The Tree Groundsman’s duties include reporting to the Foreman, assisting Arborists, collecting and piling branches, maintaining tools and equipment, and ensuring hazard-free work areas. You should be able to work with a variety of crew members.
To be successful as a Tree Groundsman, you should be physically strong and able to work in extreme weather conditions. Outstanding Tree Groundsmen should be able to carry out instructions efficiently and complete all maintenance tasks to the highest standard.
Tree Groundsman Responsibilities:
- Carrying out all maintenance duties allocated by the Foreman.
- Understanding and carrying out verbal and written instructions.
- Assisting Arborists with tree removals, pruning, and debris disposals.
- Learning techniques and the proper use of tools from senior or more experienced crew members.
- Safely using tools and equipment like chippers and chainsaws to carry out maintenance tasks.
- Ensuring all sites are kept clean and free of hazards.
- Inspecting equipment and tools and performing repairs and maintenance when required.
- Using the appropriate gear and observing safety protocols.
- Reporting any issues or safety hazards to the Foreman or other relevant parties.
- Adhering to company and environmental regulations at all times.
Tree Groundsman Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Previous work experience as a Tree Groundsman or similar.
- Good physical strength, fitness, vision, and hearing.
- The ability to climb, stand, walk, kneel, and stoop.
- The ability to transport heavy items.
- Excellent balance and depth perception.
- Superb communication skills.
- The ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- The willingness to work during unfavorable weather conditions.
- A positive attitude.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources