A Groundsman works for institutions such as schools, universities and public parks where they maintain the grounds. Top candidates are detail-oriented, knowledgeable and hard-working. Avoid disorganized, clumsy applicants.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Groundsman Interview Questions
1. Which diseases pose a threat to our trees, and how would you prevent these?
The applicant's answer will display their ability to maintain your trees, which are valuable assets to your institutional environment.
2. Could you give me examples from past experience where you demonstrated the ability to maintain lawns proficiently?
The prospective hire will show their ability to care for your lawns in this answer.
3. Could you give me a detailed list of equipment and materials required to maintain our grounds optimally?
In their answer to this question the candidate will display their knowledge of equipment and materials required to function optimally as a Groundsman.
4. Are you a proficient multitasker, and why would you say so?
It is essential for a Groundsman to be an effective multitasker to maintain the overall appearance and condition of your grounds. Listen for the prospective hire to convince you they possess this skill.
5. How did you improve the appearance of grounds in previous positions?
The answer to this question will give you an indication of the applicant's experience and skills as a Groundsman.